Learn Data Science in 24 Weeks
Online San Diego Data Science and Visualization Boot Camp
The Data Science and Visualization Boot Camp at UC San Diego Extension puts the student experience first, teaching students the knowledge and skills to conduct robust analytics.
In just 24 weeks, students will journey through a challenging curriculum and gain the specialized skills needed to analyze big data and solve complex real-world problems. The part-time schedule allows students to fit this program into their lives whether they are in college or working full-time.
Our boot camp is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our program blends the best of online education: engaging content to work through on your own schedule and live, interactive online classes led by expert instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
Our curriculum is based on hands-on learning. Through an immersive virtual experience, students will dive into in-demand technologies like intermediate Excel, fundamental statistics, Python, SQL, machine learning, Tableau, and more. Collaborating with your classmates and also working individually, you’ll take your new skills and put them to use on comprehensive projects.
These projects allow you to build a professional portfolio that showcases your skills to stand out in today’s job market. Over 24 intensive weeks, you’ll learn the fundamentals for data analytics and visualization, including:
- Pivot Tables
- VBA Scripting
- Python 3
- API Interactions
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
Front–End Web Visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
- R Programming
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
- Supervised Machine Learning
- Unsupervised Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of our hiring partners.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Flexible Weekly Content
Each week you will work through the project-based curriculum on your own schedule. Fit the content around your life and work commitments knowing our support system is there if you need it.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new data skills by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings. Make sure that you’re on pace and progressing through the course as you should be.
When learning data analytics, it’s important to have help available when you need it. Our online data boot camp offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants during live class sessions.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help frame your past experience in a compelling way and help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. The Career Services Team offers:
- Industry speakers and events
- Resume, LinkedIn, and portfolio development
- Technical and behavioral interview preparation
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring data professionals to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The class environment allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond program completion. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Why Join Our Online Data Analytics Boot Camp
Our online data boot camp was built for a wide range of individuals, whether they are full-time working professionals, students, or people looking to take their first professional job. All professions are welcome and if any of the following applies to you, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for:
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply
1. Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
2. Interview and Application. An advisor will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
3. Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
4. Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the program, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
Data Analytics Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Data Boot Camp
- 24-week online program
- Learn through a blend of scheduled instructor-led online classes two days per week and engaging self-paced content
- Dedicate 4 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on self-paced learning and hands-on projects
» Coding Full-Time December 13, 2021
» Coding Part-Time November 30, 2021
» Data Science Part-Time November 10, 2021
» Cybersecurity Part-Time December 7, 2021