Build a portfolio of web applications to showcase your knowledge.
Benefit from a wide range of career services to position you for success through graduation and beyond.
The Coding Boot Camp at UC San Diego Extension was designed to help students develop the skills and professional network needed to capitalize on this high demand career track.
- Students will learn a full stack, including the skills needed to become proficient front-end and back-end developers.
- Students gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be Employer Competitive.
- Students will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
What You Will Learn
What Graduates Receive
- Graduates benefit from a Project Demo Day—quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with your career director post-graduation.
- An Award of Completion from UC San Diego Extension showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- A robust portfolio of projects to demonstrate your working knowledge of web development.
About UC San Diego Extension
As the professional education and public service division of UC San Diego, Extension is focused on being a major catalyst for the continued economic, intellectual, and cultural growth of the San Diego and Baja California region. Core offerings include professional education and training, cultural enrichment and regional economic solutions. Whether you’re starting a new career, building a company, or developing a deeper appreciation of the world around you, Extension has the resources you need to get started.
- When does the program start?
- Part-time classes begin May 1 at UC San Diego Extension.
- Can I keep working while studying at the Coding Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program is designed for working professionals who are actively seeking career change.
- How long is the course?
- Part-time students can complete the program in six months.
- Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching, including portfolio reviews, resume assistance, and technical interview training. In addition, we offer students experiential learning opportunities to strengthen their portfolio.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling?
- No. While having some background can help, our pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start learning on Day 1.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in San Diego or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals to study web development without leaving work.
- Students benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare them for success as they work to advance or change careers.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the San Diego market.
Frequently Asked Questions