Classes begin quarterly
Become a Cybersecurity Professional in 24 Weeks
Online San Diego Cybersecurity Boot Camp
Big data needs big protection. In just the last two years, 90 percent of the world’s data has been created*. And as computer networks grow, so too does the quantity of vulnerable information.
The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at UC San Diego Extension is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attain proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
- Gain experience with a host of popular tools such as Wireshark, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nessus, and more.
- Learn skills applicable to certifications such as the CompTIA Security+, Network+, Linux+, Server+, Cloud+, and certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Advance your skillset even if you’re currently employed or in school through convenient evening and weekend classes.
- Benefit from a comprehensive set of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
If you are eager to become a digital defender and learn how to keep data safe from prying eyes, or if any of the below describe you, enrolling in this program could help put you on the path to achieving your goals:
- You are currently working in a technical field and want to expand your cyber knowledge, better understand how to keep data secure, and learn hands-on skills to apply on the job.
- You are a part of a company that has urgent cybersecurity needs to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of data and software.
- You understand the growing need for cybersecurity professionals and want to become a part of making the internet a safer space.
- You are a tech enthusiast looking to start your career in tech and get your foot in the door in the world of networking and security.
Building On The Basics
Achieving your goals in cybersecurity requires not only deep security knowledge but also experience with the application of that knowledge. Our curriculum is designed to give you both the knowledge you need to move toward the cybersecurity industry and ample experience applying that knowledge to real-world problems.
Throughout the program, you will learn tools and technologies vetted by current practitioners, and learn skills applicable to certifications expected of all serious security professionals.
At The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at UC San Diego Extension, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
You’ll learn from skilled instructors and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers. Through hands-on application, you’ll gain the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The curriculum* will dive into the foundational skills for cybersecurity, including:
- Packet Analysis
- Windows and Linux Administration Techniques
- Windows and Linux Hardening
- Secure Network Design and Architecture
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Identity and Access Management
- Cloud Security
Ethical Hacking and Penetration:
- Kali Linux
- Burp Suite
- Web Vulnerabilities and Security
- Digital Forensics Methods
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Security Operations and Analytics
Programming and Scripting:
- Bash Scripting
- PowerShell Scripting
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
By the time you complete the program, you will know how to:
- Conduct vulnerability assessments using tools like Metasploit to profile an application for vulnerabilities, and then exploit those vulnerabilities
- Configure machines on a virtual network, deploy them to the cloud, and investigate cloud security risks
- Identify suspicious patterns of user behavior to identify bots, intruders, and other malicious actors
- Write Bash scripts to automate security and operating systems tasks
- 24-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
» Coding Full-Time September 13, 2021 » Coding Part-Time September 1, 2021 » Data Science Part-Time August 3, 2021 » Cybersecurity Part-Time September 13, 2021
» Coding Full-Time September 13, 2021
» Coding Part-Time September 1, 2021
» Data Science Part-Time August 3, 2021
» Cybersecurity Part-Time September 13, 2021