The Data Science and Visualization Boot Camp
Learn DATA SCIENCE
in 24 Weeks
Part-time classes start June 19, 2018 in San Diego
Study part-time, three days a week, while maintaining your work schedule.
Develop concrete, in-demand skills to graduate from the program ready to apply your knowledge in the professional world.
Complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
Benefit from a wide range of career services to position you for success as you work to advance in your current career or seek a new opportunity.
- Students gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students receive a hands-on, classroom learning experience while conducting robust analytics on a host of real-world problems.
- Students receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be Employer Competitive.
What Students Receive
What Graduates Earn
- Graduates benefit from a Project Demo Day—quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with your career director post-graduation for qualified students.
- A Certificate of Completion in Data Analytics from UC San Diego showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- A strong professional portfolio of projects that demonstrate your mastery of the skills learned.
About UC San Diego Extension
As the professional education and public service division of UC San Diego, Extension is focused on being a major catalyst for the continued economic, intellectual, and cultural growth of the San Diego and Baja California region. Core offerings include professional education and training, cultural enrichment and regional economic solutions. Whether you’re starting a new career, building a company, or developing a deeper appreciation of the world around you, Extension has the resources you need to get started.
- When does the program start?
- Class begins June 19, 2018
- Monday /Wednesday 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Can I keep working while studying at The Data Science and Visualization Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program was designed for working professionals who are seeking to advance their current careers or change paths.
- How long does it take to complete the program?
- The program is part-time. Students can complete it in six months (24 weeks).
- Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching as well as resume and portfolio support, interview preparation, and experiential learning opportunities.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming or data science before applying?
- No programming experience is required, however it is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in San Diego or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals to study data science and visualization without leaving their current jobs.
- Students benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare them for success as they work to advance or change careers.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the San Diego market.
Frequently Asked Questions